This recipe is from www.weelicious.com - a great site for recipes. We love this one, in particular…
Carrot, Broccoli & Cheese Orzo (serves 4)
1 Small Garlic Clove
1 Small Shallot
1 Cup Baby Carrots
1 Cup Broccoli Florets
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter or Olive Oil
1 Cup White or Whole Wheat Orzo
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Water
1 1/2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1. Place shallot and garlic in food processor and pulse to chop.
2. Add baby carrots and broccoli florets to the food processor and pulse, scraping down the sides half way until finely chopped.
3. In a large stock pot, heat 2 tbsp of butter or olive oil and sauté the chopped vegetables, raw orzo and salt for 4 minutes stirring continuously.
4. Add the water and broth to the pot and cook over medium heat for 10
minutes uncovered, or until the liquid starts to evaporate and the mixture thickens.
5. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.